Part-Time Bookmobile Services Associate / Shelver
Outreach Services/Aspen Drive Library
Cook Memorial Public Library District is seeking a customer service-oriented individual to join the Aspen Drive library staff. Position includes assisting patrons at scheduled neighborhood bookmobile stops and sorting and shelving library materials in the library. Bilingual English/Spanish speakers preferred.
Hours: approximately 10-12 hours per week
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3-4 hours per day
- Wednesdays, 5-8pm
- Alternating Saturdays, 12-5pm
- Other shifts as needed in a substitute capacity
- Assists patrons on the bookmobile with locating and checking out materials
- Sorts and shelves materials on the bookmobile and in the library
- Communicates with patrons in person and by telephone
- Lift bags of books up to 25 lbs.
- Push and pull loaded book carts
- Communicate effectively with patrons
- Bend, stretch and kneel
- Read small print on library materials
- Sort and shelve materials in numeric and alphabetical order
Salary:$9.40 - $12.03 per hour
Applications available at Cook Park Library, Aspen Drive Library or Bookmobile
or print an application. Submit your completed application in person, by fax (847-362-2354) or mail to:
Human Resources Manager
Cook Memorial Public Library District
413 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Libertyville, IL 60048