What to Do When There's NO Snow on Winter Break
What? No snow on Winter Break? How can this be? I,
Paige Turner, would like to offer you some suggestions for
having some fun even if no snow ever shows up while you are
on Break! This list of 10 will give you ideas of making your
own fun without spending a penny!
1. Come to the library! We have books, music CD's, DVD's
and all sorts of "treats" to take home. Longing for snow?
Read winter books! Brrr...you can almost imagine the snow
falling down now, can't you?
2. Make a bouncing snow ball by collecting all the rubber bands
you can find in your house. Wind them around and around a
core of a scrunched up rubber band and keep going until the
ball is a size you want or you run out of rubber bands.
***Be careful when you throw this ball!!***
3. Make a miniature snow fort with ice cubes from your freezer.
Before you make your fort, take out a large baking pan to hold
the ice cubes so they don't drip all over the place and make your
mom get upset.
4. Another option for making a fort is to make a little igloo out
of cotton balls.
5. Use circular paper coffee filters and cut out beautiful snow-
flakes from this paper.
6. Have you lost a mitten or sock yet this winter? If so, make a
puppet out of the lone sock, glove or mitten.
7. Learn how to make a cup of hot cocoa from scratch. Ask an
adult to help you locate a recipe from a cookbook or do an
internet search. Then make the cocoa together!
8. Have supper for breakfast or breakfast for dinner.
9. Do any craft project and apply silver or white glitter to
represent snow. This works well on holiday cards you've
gotten this season with wintery scenes!
10. Wear your pajamas all day and pretend you're having a
snow day and there's no school! Oh, wait...this is true
except for the snow part.
With a thought bubble of snow falling,