Cook Memorial Public Library District is pleased to announce that we will be re-opening our doors to the public on Tuesday, July 7. We are committed to reopening as safely and responsibly as possible. Therefore, the in-library experience will be somewhat different than it has been in the past. Our new service model follows state and local Health Department guidelines for the safety of everyone in our community.
We are eager to welcome you back into our buildings again!
- Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday (beginning July 12), 1- 4:30 p.m.
What to Expect
- Properly worn face coverings required for any individual over age two
- New self-checkout units, set 6 feet apart from each other
- Limited capacity
- Clear plastic shields at public desks
- High-traffic areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly
- All items checked out are fine-free through September 1
- At Cook Park Library, all patrons will enter and exit through the parking lot (South entrance) door. The Cook Street (North entrance) door will be closed.
- Browse our collections
- Drive Up Window — Cook Park Library
- Outreach Services available for no-contact hold pickup or delivery: 847-362-2330 x1401
- Printer, copiers, faxing, and scanning (with limited assistance)
- Limited number of computers with one-hour maximum. Please call us at 847-362-2330 x1302 (Cook Park) or x1402 (Aspen Drive) to reserve a computer to ensure availability. Reservations can be made up to one day in advance.
- Voter Registration
Services Not Available At This Time
- Public seating areas
- Study Rooms, Digital Studios, The Workshop
- In-person programs/events. See our Virtual program offerings.
- In-library reading materials, such as newspapers
- 1-on-1 Technology Assistance
- Notary services
- Children’s play areas and toys/games
- Book donations not accepted
- Exam Proctoring
- Coffee/Snack Machines
- Drinking fountains
How To Help
- Wear a face covering to protect staff and other patrons
- Return materials to exterior book drop slots
- Bring your library card to use the self checkouts and to use a computer
- Keep visits short to allow access by other patrons
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from any staff or patrons
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
Cook Park: Our drive-up window will reopen on July 7; you may pick up at the window or inside at the hold shelves.
Aspen Drive: Holds may be picked up inside. If you prefer curbside pickup, please use the link in your hold notice to reserve a time or call Outreach services at 847-362-2330 x1401.
If you received a reminder notice for items due 7/3/20, we would appreciate it if you help us slow the volume of returns. Please return these items..
- First week: July 5 – 11 only patrons with last name starting with A-H.
- Second week: July 12-18, only patrons with last name starting with I-P.
- Third week: July 19 – July 25, only patrons with last names starting with Q-Z.
- You may also return your items if you’re picking up holds.
Due to a quarantine period on returned items, titles will remain on your account for at least four days after their return. Please note that we are unable to accept any donations for the Friends of the Library Book Sale at this time.
Online Library Card Registration
Don’t have a Library card or has your card expired? Apply for a temporary library card.
Be sure to permanently register your card when we re-open.