Buildings temporarily closed to the public beginning November 19, 2020. Lobbies open for contactless pickup!
In response to rising COVID rates in the region, our library buildings are temporarily closed to the public. During this time, staff will continue to work in our buildings to provide you with a full range of services. Contactless pickup of library materials is available in our lobby.
Contactless Lobby Pickup
Request materials here.
Use the link in your hold notice or call 847-362-2330 to reserve a time for pickup of your library materials:
- Cook Park Library, Libertyville: x1306
- Aspen Drive Library, Vernon Hills: x1406
- Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, 1- 5 p.m.
During this phase, the Cook Park Library drive-up window is not available.
Connect with a Librarian
Need help selecting titles? Have a question about our eLibrary, research databases or virtual programming? Connect with a Librarian:
- Children’s Librarian, Cook Park: x1304
- Adult & Teen Librarian, Cook Park: x1302
- Children’s and Teen & Adult Librarian, Aspen Drive: x1402
- IM Chat: use the widget in the lower right corner of the web page
- Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1-5 p.m.
Our eLibrary is always open with an expanded collection of titles at cooklib.org/elibrary.
Other Services Available
- Remote Printing Services. Please see our Remote Printing page for updates on this service
- Curbside scanning, copying, and faxing services.
- Mobile Hotspots available for checkout
- Virtual program offerings
- Homebound delivery: 847-362-2330 x1401
- Pick-up of craft materials for children’s programs will continue in a contactless method similar to picking other library materials. Registered patrons will receive email messages with specific instructions on when and how to pick up their materials.
Fines will not be assessed, but materials should be returned by due date, so your friends and neighbors can enjoy them too. Outside return slots are open at all times for your convenience.
Due to a quarantine period on returned items, titles will remain on your account for at least 3 days after their return.
Online Library Card Registration
Don’t have a Library card or has your card expired? Apply for a temporary library card.