Article I. Electronic Participation.
In accordance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120), the Cook Memorial Public Library District (“Library”) may utilize remote participation in Board/Board Committee meetings to conduct library business under the following circumstances:
- A quorum of the applicable board or committee must be physically present at the meeting location; and
- A member wishing to attend by video or audio conference call must give advance notice to the applicable recording secretary of the board or committee unless advance notice is impractical; and
- A majority of the applicable board or committee must vote to allow a member to attend by video or audio conference call; and
- A member may request to attend by video or audio conference call only if the member is prevented from physically attending because of:
- personal illness or disability;
- employment purposes or the business of the Library;
- a family or other emergency.
All Board members attending meetings in person or by electronic participation are entitled to vote. The Secretary or Secretary Pro-Tem will record in its minutes all Board members who are connecting electronically.
Article II. Meeting Location.
- The meeting location shall be equipped with a suitable speakerphone or other automated system in order that the public audience, attending Board members, and staff or guests will be able to hear and/or see any input vote or discussion.
- This policy shall not be construed to mean that electronic participation will be used regularly but that it may be used as necessary to allow the participation of Board members.
- The meeting minutes shall indicate those Board members who attend by electronic connection.