Buying books is a great way to support the library.
Cook Park Library, Meeting Room, Lower Level
413 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Libertyville, IL 60048
Friday, April 26, 12pm – 2 pm
Become a Friends member at the door for just $10/yr or $50 lifetime membership.
Open to the Public
- Friday, April 26, 2:30pm – 5pm
- Saturday, April 27, 9am – 4pm
- Sunday, April 28, 1pm – 4pm ($5.00 bag sale- we supply it, you fill it)
- Hardcover Books $2.00
- Paperback Books 50¢
- Children’s Items $1.00
- DVDs/Blu-Rays/Video Games $2.00
- CDs $1.00
- Audiobooks/TV Series $4.00
Cash and checks only; no credit cards or other electronic forms of payment accepted.
Proceeds support the Cook Memorial Public Library District.
The Fine Print
No overnight holds. No returns. Scanners are accepted.
You may bring your own bags, if you like, on Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27.
During the Sunday, April 28 Bag Sale, only bags provided by the Library can be used to get a bag of books for the $5 price.
Drop off your former treasures that are in *good condition, anytime during library hours.
Collection barrels are available at Cook Park and Aspen Drive libraries, until April 22, Monday before the sale.
We love all books but we’ve had the most success with the following items:
- Fiction and Non-fiction: Children’s, Young Adult, and Adult
- Picture books
- Media: DVDs, Blu-rays, Audiobooks, Music CDs, vinyl records, and video games
- Computer and Technology-related books, published after 2015
- Travel guides, published after 2015
*good condition = no broken bindings, torn pages, or signs of soil, water damage or mold.
Regrettably, we cannot accept these:
- VHS video tapes
- National Geographic and other magazines
- Encyclopedias and yearbooks
- Condensed books
- Text books
We’re also looking for Book Sale Volunteers – before, during and after the sale. We start work early in February and finish up on Sunday, April 28.