Loan Periods, Limits & Late Fines
MATERIALS LIMIT LOAN PERIOD NO. OF RENEWALS LATE FINE MAX FINE Print Materials none 10¢/day $3 Hot Pick & book club 3 weeks none books 3 weeks 2 magazines 1 week 2 DVDs/Blu-rays 20 total 50¢/day $3 Hot Picks 4 1 week none feature films & children's 1 week 2 nonfiction & TV series 3 weeks 2 Audiobooks/Music CDs 10¢/day $3 Hot Pick Music CDs 2 3 weeks none all others 40 3 weeks 2 Video Games 4 total 50¢/day $3 Hot Picks 2 1 week none all others 1 week 2 LINKin Materials* 35 total holds or checkouts DVDs 1 week 1 50¢/day $3 all other materials 4 weeks 1 (2 weeks) 10¢/day $3 Interlibrary Loan Materials* 10 total DVDs varies possibly 1 50¢/day $3 all other materials varies possibly 1 10¢/day $3 Other Materials none Hot Pick equipment 1 week none 50¢/day $3 science kits/equipment 1 week 2 50¢/day $3 children's book & CD kits 3 weeks 2 10¢/day $3 early literacy kits 3 weeks none 10¢/day $3 astronomy equipment 1 week none $5/day $25 eLibrary Materials* - see eLibrary page
* These services are available to CMPLD cardholders only.
Accessing Your Account
Enter your library card number and password to access your online account. The 14-digit number on the back of your library card is your card number.
Renewals may be done with your library card:
- in person
- online in your library account
- by calling 847-362-0438
- replying to reminder notice emails with a renewal request
Note: If you have set up Shoutbomb text messaging, you can renew by replying to the reminder text.
If an item in our catalog is checked out or unavailable, place a hold to get in the queue and be notified when it is ready to be picked up.
Use the library’s online catalog to place materials on hold by clicking the Request It link in an item’s record. Enter your library card number, password, and choose where you would like to pick up the item.
If you would like to use Cook Park’s Drive-up Window, choose Drive-Up Window at Cook Park when placing your hold. Otherwise the hold will be placed on the shelves inside the library.
Receive courtesy notifications when:
- holds are available for pick-up
- items are due soon
- items are long overdue
To register or change your email address, fill out this form or speak with a staff member at the Checkout Desk.
Receive courtesy notifications via text message using our Shoutbomb text messaging service. Find out more.
Note: does not replace notifications sent via email/phone/print.
- Overdue fines exceeding $25 must be paid prior to checkout. Payment for fines is non-refundable.
- Replacement of lost/damaged materials shall be at list price plus a non-refundable $3 processing fee.
- Items are billed at 45 days overdue and must be paid or returned prior to checkout. Bill payments will be refunded, minus the processing fee, if the items are returned within 6 months.
- Accounts may be referred to a collection agency at 60 days overdue, adding a $10 charge.
Cook Memorial Public Library District adheres to the State of Illinois’ Library Records Confidentiality Act. See our Patron Records policy for more information.