Come to a book discussion at the library! No registration required. Anyone who has read the book is welcome to join.
See the Book Clubs page for schedules and book selections.
For local book clubs we provide book-lending services to over 140 active clubs! Let us help you start your own. See the Book Clubs page for details.
Our Bookmobile maintains a schedule of regular stops in neighborhoods, preschools and daycare centers throughout the library’s district. Visit our Outreach page for more details and contact information.
Use your library card to access our public computers.
- Sign on to a library computer with the bar code number on the back of your card.
- Up to 3 hours per day.
- If you forget your card, ask a librarian to look up the number for you.
- If you have a card from another Illinois library district, register it at our Checkout Desk. Then you will be able to log on to a computer with your card.
- Guest passes for visitors from other areas available at the Reference Desk.
Macbook Airs available for use within the library. See the Adult Services Desk at Cook Park or the Aspen Reference Desk at Aspen Drive.
Free ESL classes are offered through Mundelein High School throughout Lake County including Cook Park Library and Aspen Drive Library.
Aspen Drive Library - Monday & Wednesday 9:15-12:15
Cook Park Library - Monday & Thursday 9:15-12:15.
Registration through Mundelein High School is required.
For further information call 847-949-2200, ext. 1399
Para más información: 847-949-2200, ext. 1072
For patrons who are unable to come to the library due to disability, we provide free home delivery of library materials.
Please call the Outreach Office, 224-513-7434, to inquire about home delivery services or visit our Outreach page.
Having trouble finding a particular book, movie, or other item?
When a title is not in our collection, Cook Memorial Public Library District cardholders may request it through our interlibrary loan services.
For more information, including our rules and guidelines, see the Interlibrary Loan page.
The meeting rooms at the Aspen Drive Library and Cook Park Library are available for use by in-district groups engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, civic, and other non-profit activities, when not being used by the library or its affiliated organizations.
Aspen Drive Meeting Room - Fifty (50) people.
Cook Park Meeting Room - Fifty (50) people.
Reserve a Meeting Room
See our full Meeting Room Policy for more details.
If your meeting or event complies with our meeting room policies, print and fill out an application.
Download the Meeting Room Application
Submit application along with $5 cash or check for room rental in-person or via mail to:
Cook Memorial Public Library District
Attn: Gabriella Pantle
413 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Libertyville, IL 60048
Upon receipt of the completed application and review by Administration, the requested date will be reserved.
The library participates in the Museum Adventure Pass program. Check the list of participating museums for details on each cultural destination.
To request a pass for one of the participating museums, visit or call one of our locations to find out about current pass availability.
- Must have a valid Cook Library card.
- There are a limited number of passes for each participating organization.
- Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Loan period is 7 days.
- Limit one pass per family, per week.
- Passes must be checked out in-person at the library. We cannot reserve or check out passes online or by phone.
- Admission offers vary by museum. The museum will collect the pass when you visit and you may be asked to show identification.
Notary public service is provided at no charge by authorized library staff.
Patrons seeking Notary Service should call the Library at 847-362-2330 an hour prior to their visit to ensure a Notary is available.
Please read our Notary Public Guidelines before using the library’s notary services.
Printing and Copying
Print and copy services are available at both library locations
Black and White: 10 cents/page
Color: 25 cents/page
Pay with cash or credit/debit card.
Scanning and Faxing
The library provides scanners to scan documents, photos, etc. to a USB flash drive or email address free of charge. The public scanners have outgoing faxing capabilities. Charge for faxing is $1 per page, to be paid in cash. It is not possible to receive faxes at the library.
Print from any personal computer or device using our remote printing service.
Cook Park Library, Libertyville
Adult Study Rooms
- 3 adult study rooms in the Fiction area (main level) available to patrons 14 years of age and older.
- To reserve by phone, call the Adult Reference Desk 847-362-2330 ext. 1302.
- Upon arrival, please check in at the Adult Reference Desk.
Children's Study Rooms
- 2 children’s study rooms in the Children’s Department available to patrons 11 to 14 years of age.
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- To reserve by phone call the Children's Reference Desk 847-362-2330 ext. 1304.
- Upon arrival, please check in at the Children’s Reference Desk.
Aspen Drive Library, Vernon Hills
- 2 study rooms available to patrons 14 years of age and older.
- To reserve by phone, call the Aspen Reference Desk at 847-362-2330 ext. 1402.
Rules and Guidelines
- Study rooms can be reserved up to 1 week in advance for up to 2 hours a day.
- Please note: Your reservation will be cancelled if you do not arrive within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
Receive text message notifications from the library about:
- holds ready to pick up
- items due soon
- overdue materials.
You can also renew items and request lists of holds and items due soon.
Visit our Text Messaging page to sign up and learn more.
If you live in Lake County and are eligible to vote, you can register to vote at either library location. Visit the Adult Services desk at Cook Park or the Aspen Reference Desk at Aspen Drive.
You must provide two forms of identification Please see the Illinois State Board of Elections’ Registering to Vote in Illinois pamphlet for eligibility requirements and acceptable forms of identification.