A Nonpartisan Resource
REGISTER TO VOTE
- Lake County Voter Registration Information
- In person including at Cook Park Library or Aspen Drive Library
- Same Day Voter Registration at Early Voting Sites
- By Mail – Mail-In Voter Registration Form – download PDF or form to complete online and print ).
- Automatic Voter Registration – Commonly known as “AVR,” is a bipartisan initiative and establishes electronic voter registration at multiple Illinois state agencies, including at Secretary of State Driver’s Services facilities.
- Restoration of Voting Rights after a felony conviction.
Lake County Voter Power – View a copy of your ballot, list of districts, polling place, and request a mail-in ballot by providing some basic information (i.e. name, date of birth, etc.). (En Español)
Voter’s Bill of Rights – Know your rights as a voter.
Special Voter Circumstances – Useful information for Lake County voters on how to vote in a variety of circumstances including from a hospital and nursing home.
Illinois State Board of Elections – A quick and easy way to find candidate filings, general election information, and to verify if you are registered to vote in Illinois.
Federal Voting Assistance Program – Federal voting assistance for service members, their families, and overseas citizens. Provides access to election officials and voting assistance officers to help navigate the absentee voting process.
Presidential Election Process – Learn about the Presidential election process, including the Electoral College, caucuses and primaries, and the national conventions. The Federal Government has developed a glossary of common terms used during election seasons. Perfect for new voters.
This page is compiled and maintained by librarians at the Cook Memorial Public Library District. Links to political parties are for informational purposes only and do not in any way constitute an endorsement.
Last updated October 21, 2021