Come to a book discussion at the library! No registration required. Anyone who has read the book is welcome to join. See the Book Clubs page for schedules and book selections.
For local book clubs we provide book-lending services to over 140 active clubs! Let us help you start your own. Visit the Book Clubs page for details.
Our Bookmobile maintains a schedule of regular stops in neighborhoods, preschools and daycare centers throughout the library’s district. Visit our Outreach page for more details and contact information.
Use your library card to access our public computers.
- Sign on to a library computer with the bar code number on the back of your card.
- Up to 3 hours per day.
- If you have a card from another Illinois library district, register it at our Checkout Desk. Then you will be able to log on to a computer with your card.
- Guest passes for visitors from other areas available at the Reference Desk.
- Windows 10 Operating System
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Computers restart after each session and all documents not saved to the U Drive, usernames/passwords, private information, cache, etc. are erased before the next session.
Windows Laptops & Macbook Airs are available for use within the library. See the Adult Services Desk at Cook Park or the Reference Desk at Aspen Drive.
Free ESL classes are offered through Mundelein High School throughout Lake County including Cook Park Library and Aspen Drive Library.
Aspen Drive Library - Monday & Wednesday 9:15-12:15
Cook Park Library - Monday & Thursday 9:15-12:15.
Registration through Mundelein High School is required.
For further information call 847-949-2200, ext. 1399
Para más información: 847-949-2200, ext. 1072
For patrons who are unable to come to the library due to disability, we provide free home delivery of library materials.
Please call the Outreach Office, 224-513-7434, to inquire about home delivery services or visit our Outreach page.
If a title is not in our collection, Cook Memorial Public Library District cardholders may request it through our interlibrary loan services.
For more information, including our rules and guidelines, see the Interlibrary Loan page.
The meeting rooms at the Aspen Drive Library and Cook Park Library are available for use when not being used by the library or its affiliated organizations.
See our Room Reservations page for guidelines and booking information.
To check out a pass, visit the Children's Reference Desk at Cook Park or the Reference Desk at Aspen Drive. You can find out the availability of passes online or by calling the library.
- Passes can only be checked out to patrons with a valid Cook Memorial Library card.
- Passes cannot be reserved ahead of time and must be checked out in person.
- Loan period is 7 days.
- Limit one pass per family, per week.
- Admission offers vary by museum. The museum will collect the pass when you visit and you may be asked to show identification.
Printing and Copying
Print and copy services are available at both library locations
Black and White: 10 cents/page
Color: 25 cents/page
Pay with cash or credit/debit card.
Scanning and Faxing
The library provides scanners to scan documents, photos, etc. to a USB flash drive or email address free of charge. The public scanners have outgoing faxing capabilities. It is not possible to receive faxes at the library.
Print from any personal computer or device using our remote printing service.
Receive text message notifications from the library about:
- holds ready to pick up
- items due soon
- overdue materials.
You can also renew items and request lists of holds and items due soon.
Visit our Text Messaging page to sign up and learn more.
If you live in Lake County and are eligible to vote, you can register to vote at either library location. Visit the Adult Services desk at Cook Park or the Aspen Reference Desk at Aspen Drive.
You must provide two forms of identification. Please see the Illinois State Board of Elections’ Registering to Vote in Illinois pamphlet for eligibility requirements and acceptable forms of identification.
For all other voting and election information visit our Be A Voter voter education guide.