- Proctoring at Cook Memorial Public Library is free of charge.
- Proctoring is only available at the Cook Park Library in Libertyville.
- An appointment, at least one week before the exam, must be made to have an exam proctored. Exams will not be proctored on a drop-in basis.
- Exams to be proctored must arrive at the library through email or mail.
- Exams are proctored during regular library hours. Exams must be completed at least 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Scheduling an exam will depend upon the availability of the Adult Services staff. The librarian initially contacted may not be the one giving the test. If the institution requires you to have only one person administering the test, you must be able to take your exam during that librarian’s schedule.
- The library can accommodate print and online exams. A library computer is available for an online exam, but the library is not able to install any software or disable any features of the library network to accommodate an exam.
- Depending on availability, the library can reserve a quiet study room for taking exams.
- The library is unable to provide one-on-one constant monitoring of students. If the institution requires direct supervision during the entire exam, we will not be able to proctor the exam.
- Library staff may refuse to proctor an exam that is too difficult to accommodate.
Before the exam, the Test-Taker must:
- Complete our proctoring form below. A library proctor will contact the test-taker once the form is completed.
- Arrange for delivery of the exam or proctor password to the proctoring librarian.
- Contact the proctoring librarian prior to the date of the exam to confirm that the exam has arrived.
At the time of the exam, the Test-Taker must:
- Must arrive on time for the exam appointment.
- Present a valid picture ID before starting the exam.
- Follow the instructions and procedures given with the test.
- Bring items (calculator, pencils) needed for the exam.
- Supply a return envelope and postage, if not supplied by the testing institution.