If the item you’re looking for isn’t in our catalog, we can help you get it.
- Check LINKin: We’ve partnered with several libraries in north suburban Chicago to share items quickly and easily. If you find the item you’re looking for in LINKin, simply request it and we will notify you when it is available for pickup at one of our locations.
- Use Interlibrary Loan to obtain items from other libraries in the contiguous 48 states. More information and links below.
- Reciprocal Borrowing: Visit other Illinois libraries and borrow directly from them. Register your Cook Memorial Public Library District card at the library you’re visiting in order to gain borrowing privileges. We suggest you contact the library before your visit to learn their registration requirements and lending policies.
- Make a Purchase Request: Suggest an item to add to our collection.
LINKin, Our Partner Libraries
LINKin is the group of 11 large north suburban libraries we partner with to share items quickly and easily:
- Arlington Heights Memorial Library
- Aurora Public Library
- Cook Memorial Public Library
- Deerfield Public Library
- Elmhurst Public Library
- Gail Borden Public Library
- Naperville Public Library
- Poplar Creek Public Library District
- Skokie Public Library
- Waukegan Public Library
- Wheaton Public Library
If an item is not available from the Cook Memorial Public Library District but is available at one of LINKin’s partner libraries, you can request the item through the LINKin catalog and it will be sent to your pickup location within several days. You will be notified by phone or email when the item is ready for pickup. LINKin requests are generally processed more quickly than Interlibrary Loan requests.
Renewing LINKin Items
Most LINKin items may be renewed once for 4 weeks. Movies and video games may be renewed once for 1 week.
To renew a LINKin item, click My Account or call 847-362-0438. Please contact the Adult Services Desk at 847-362-2330, ext. 1302, if you need further assistance.
If the item you want isn’t owned by the Cook Memorial Public Library District or available through LINKin, you can request that we obtain the item through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Use WorldCat, the world’s largest library catalog, to find and request an interlibrary loan. Please contact the Adult Services Desk at 847-362-2330, ext. 1302, if you need further assistance.
Renewing Interlibrary Loans
You may request one renewal of an interlibrary loan item; please call our Adult Services Desk at 847-362-2330, ext. 1302.
Requests are limited to 100 per year per patron.
No more than 10 in process (requested, awaiting arrival, awaiting pickup, or checked out) at one time. This includes book, audiovisual, and article requests. Does NOT include LINKin requests.