Join the Friends of the Library
The Friends of Cook Memorial Public Library District is a volunteer-based, not-for-profit organization that works to promote reading in general and the Cook Memorial Library in particular.
After expenses, 100 percent of the money raised (either through fundraisers and programs or donations from the public) goes back into the library. The Friends of the Library underwrite the costs of the library’s reading programs (the costs of supplies and prizes) and finance equipment and supplies not covered in the library budget.
Support the Friends of the Library by becoming a member. Membership also grants first entry to annual book sales during the Member’s First Choice hours. If you’re interested in joining, please email the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org, check their Facebook page; or call 847-362-2330.
- Yearly Membership: $10
- Lifetime Membership: $50
Friends of the Library Book Sales
2023 Spring Book Sale
Friday, April 21
- 12–2 pm: Members only.
Not a member? Join at the sale entrance: $10 for the year; $50 for a lifetime membership.
- 2–5:30 pm: Open to the public
Saturday, April 22
- 9:30 am–4:30 pm: Open to the public
Sunday, April 23
- 1–4:30 pm: Open to the public
The Friends are most in need of children’s materials but also welcome the following gently used materials:
- Fiction books — publication date 10 years or newer (classics are okay)
- Nonfiction books — publication date 10 years or newer
- CDs and vinyl records
- Movies on DVD or Blu-ray
- Children’s books
- Puzzles (no missing pieces) for adults and children
Due to limited storage space, they CANNOT accept the following:
- Damages, worn, dog-eared, or moldy books
- Books with marginalia (writing, highlighter, or notes in the margins)
- ANY textbooks
- VHS or cassette tapes
- Reader’s Digest or abridged books
- Encyclopedias or sets of old publication collections (such as National Geographic)
Year-Round Sale Shelves
Purchase used books and other items year-round from the book sale shelves at Aspen Drive Library and Cook Park Library.
- Aspen Drive Library Book Nook is located in the front lobby in the Café area.
- Cook Park Library Sale Shelves are next to the Holds Pick-Up area behind the Welcome Desk.
Make a Donation
Make a monetary donation in support of the library and its services to the community. You can make a donation online by signing in to our online payment system with your library card or by completing the Donation Request Form (submit completed form to Gabriella Pantle at the Cook Park Library).
Purchase a Book for the Library’s Collection
Commemorate a special occasion or honor a loved one with a purchased donation for the library district’s collection. Each book purchased with a donation bears a distinctive bookplate noting the donor’s name and the name of the person or the occasion being remembered or celebrated.
Donation Request Form
Submit completed form to Gabriella Pantle at the Cook Park Library.
Donate a Tree
Honor a family member, commemorate the birth of a future reader, or remember a special occasion by donating a tree to the Aspen Drive Library. A bronze dedication plaque will be installed by each donated tree.
For additional information or to reserve a tree, please call Gabriella Pantle at 847-362-2330 x1101.